Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Korcula

Day 1
I woke up alone in my hostel room, as my roommate had already left for a day of sightseeing.  I went into the bathroom, and upon exiting, the door handle promptly falls off.

I try to insert it back into the door to open it, but it just pushes the other part of the door handle onto the floor on the other side. So, at this point being totally alone in the room and not really having any other options, I climb onto the toilet and poke my head out of the bathroom window. No one around. I call out for help, realising probably no one will understand that anyway. No one responds. I spend the next 45mins perched on top of the toilet, waiting for a passer by to help me out of this situation.

Luckily the owner walks by and sees me. He has lost the spare key for the apartment, and he isnt sure how to get me out without breaking the door or window down. He climbs into the bathroom from the toilet window and tries to fix the door, to no avail. He climbs up to the toilet window, and has one leg in the window and one leg on the ledge (omg) and somehow opens the bedroom window and jumps in and fixes the door from there. Hooray Im free again!!

I go on my way and catch the bus/ferry to Korcula. We stop in a lovely town for a food/toilet break, Ston. It has a castle and a beach, I intend to go back there one day :)

Arrived in Korcula and went out to get something to eat. Notice they have Lamingtons in the bakery so of course buy one. Made me laugh to see something from home so far away!!





Day 2





Got up early and headed straight down to get a breakfast wrap from Fresh, then onto to the beach where I spent the entire day! Found an amazing beach so decided to stay there, and just swam and sunbathed all day. Perfect day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment